Roblox is a broadly used multiplayer game introduced by Roblox corporations with an aim to entertain gamers by offering them features to develop their own games and also let them play numerous games developed by other developers. However most of the time Roblox works perfectly but some time due to glitches Roblox start performing weirdly. In recent days many users claim that Roblox websites take a long time to load gameplay or some time it keeps loading forever. Such types of situations appear due to Roblox error code 279.
We have done deep research and come out with some easy steps that will help you to fix Roblox error code 279. So I advise you to read this carefully.
What Is The Mean Of Roblox Error Code 279:-
This error code occurs due to connection issues and restricts the players to connect with the Roblox game servers. This error often occurs when you try to launch a game, as a result of this error, you will see an error message “Failed to connect to the game. (ID=17: a connection attempt failed.) (Error code: 279)”.
The following are the possible reasons for such issues.
- An old and unsupported browser can lead you to error code 279. So it is always necessary to update your browser from time to time.
- The firewall and Antivirus can disrupt the normal workflow of Roblox.
- A poor internet connection can also be the possible culprit of this error.
- Empty or bad games can increase your server connecting time.
These were some common causes of Roblox ID 17 error. Now its time to move ahead and start talking about how to fix Roblox error code 279.
How To Fix Roblox Error Code 279?
Now the question has risen up that how to deal with this error code. That’s why we have equipped a list of some easy steps. Go through them one by one and at the end of this post, you will able to resolve this error.
1. Use Latest And Supported Browser:-
No matter which device you are using to connect with Roblox game servers, it is required to make sure that you have the latest and supported browser on your PC or Mobile. I suggest you use the Google Chrome browser while using Roblox, Chrome is one of the best browsers and supported by Roblox. Also, Google Chrome has wide support for almost all operating systems.
2. Switch To A Wired Internet Connection:-
If you struggle while connecting to Roblox gameplay then the most effective solution is to stop using a poor internet connection and switch a higher signal strength internet connection. Wired internet connection is a recommended way to strengthen the network signals, this wired connection can be done using an ethernet cable.
3. Allow Roblox To Run Through Windows Firewall:-
Windows Firewall is the default characteristic of Windows that helps you to prevent your computer from trojans and malware. You might face this error because Windows Firewall considers Roblox as a thread and preform its task of blocking threads. In such cases, you need to manually allow Roblox to run through Windows Firewall. The following steps will let you learn about how to allow Roblox to run through Windows Firewall.
- Head to the Control Panel.
- On the next screen, you will see View by section, where you need to select Large icons.
- Now you will able to see Windows Defender Firewall, click on it to proceed further.
- Click on “Allow an app or feature to run through the Windows Firewall” option, which will appear in the left sidebar of Window.
- Tap on Change Settings and search for Roblox.
- Don’t forget to mark public and private boxes available next to the name of Roblox.
- Once you have made the changes, restart your computer and check whether your issue got resolved or not?
4. Permit Roblox To Access Required Ports:-
Roblox errors can also be caused if you haven’t permit Roblox to access the required ports. In this solution, we will talk about the port forwarding feature, which is used by routers to transmit user’s requests from one port to another port. In the earlier days of 2018, the default port range for Roblox was 1025-2000, but since the update of 2018, Roblox has changed its port range to 49152-65535, so it is required for you to change the port range of your router, let’s see how this can be done.
- Log into your router admin panel using your router associated username and password.
- Head to the Port Forwarding section.
- On the next screen, you need to insert the IP address of your computer. After that set the port range to 49152-65535, and also needed to set Protocol as UDP.
- Once you have completed the above-stated steps, restart your router.
5. Disable Ad Blocker:-
If you have activated adblocker or other security addons on your browser then it is essential to disable those addons. Usually, these adblocker and security addons halt Roblox script from executing, and as we know the script is required to load Roblox gameplay. So if you have newly added addons to your browser then I advise you to disable those addons, once you have disabled them, try again to load the Roblox game.
6. Turn Off Third-Party Antivirus Programs:-
If you are using any third party Antivirus program on your computer may cause Roblox error code 279. So it is required to disable the third-party Antivirus program. If you do not wish to disable Antivirus permanently then you will glad to acknowledge that you also have the option to disable Antivirus for a temporary basis. Once you have disabled the Antivirus program, go back to your browser and check your issue got resolved or still persists.
7. Reset Internet Connection:-
This is the last step to fix error code 279. As we all know that Roblox requires a stable connection to work properly, so your unstable internet connection can lead you to several issues. To overcome this issue you need to reset your internet connection. Also if you’re connected with a wired connection then check the cable connection, you can unplug and replug the cable to avoid loss connections.
I hope after going through today’s post, you are able to fix Roblox error code 279. If you think this post worth reading then share this with your friends so they can also fix these annoying Roblox errors.
Willing to know more about some other Roblox error then let us know using our comment section. Also If we have forgotten to mention any solution then comment below to let us know. That’s all for today, see you soon with some other relevant topics.